More actual results of my guilt induced "buckle-down and do some damned projects" spree:
For three years running I have hated the toys-in-the-yard situation. The Bun likes her sandbox. A lot. And since our yard is not terribly child friendly, I'm inclined to let her do her thing out there pretty unimpeded. Hence:
But, really, my point is about the toys. They scatter. And putting the little bits in a big bucket only serves to convince her that big buckets are where it's at. She must have it. Over there. The little bits need not come along.
Sigh. This is today:
But, as I mentioned here, we picked up a better* storage solution when at Ikea a week or so ago. I started here on Sunday morning.
And in just about 10 minutes I was here:
Pretty speedy, huh? But, not done yet! I suspected that, to weather the, ummm, weather, this sucker would need a little help. In the basement I had a few half empty gallons of Australian Timber Oil - the stuff used on our wood steps and landings. So, I gave it a little coat of water seal love. I'm hoping this small step takes us from a 1 year Ikea fail, to many years of storage wonderfulness.
I also had JWH put some hinges on it. Because, really, it should have had hinges from the start. Ikea, get the memo, no one wants a "storage bench" with a lid that slip slides around. Unless you are going for a Three Stooges sketch at your next BBQ, that is.
Whoops, there goes Curly into the beverage cart...
Stay tuned for pictures of it in action next week once the timber oil dries and I con JWH into carrying it out the hatchway!
*"Better" implies that this storage will allow enough permeation of A) water: to disperse spider webs and bugs and grime, and B) air: to dry said toys and prevent collection of muck in crevices