Yesterday I ended on the note that 2012 would be a year of thrift at Holiday House. It's not a bad idea: things are changing, we needed to get a second car, and, oh, the plumber bills. So, my list of projects to accomplish this year got trimmed. A lot. That was sad.
But, today I'm feling refreshed after a little jog at the gym, and have new enthusiasm about all the fun things I can do that are more on the free end of the spectrum. I like to be busy, you know, so why not take this as a challenge to do more of the little tweaky projects and not rely on the big- bang stuff for my decor thrills?
I swear I get just as much pleasure out of these small projects:
as I did out of these big ones:
So, this year's DIY Cheap-O-Tastic list:
1) Paint the hall closets with stripes.
2) Paint the guest room closet a fun color.
3) Stencil something, somewhere (like the laundry room, do not panic, JWH)!
5) Make a new roman shade for the kitchen and if that goes well, the sunroom, too.
6) Paint the white window screens on the side of the house. (See how the top one and bathroom one are white and the others are green? It's this kind of thing that keeps me up at night.)